Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I wish...

I wish I would be a child again so that. . .


I can dance in the rain;

Cry to my heart's content;

Make tantrums whenever I am hurt and disappointed;



I wish I would be a child again, so that. . .


I can have my whims and caprices;

Buy my favorite stuff toy I didn't have when i was yet a child;

Have the best dress I am dying to wear at a party;



I wish I would be a child again, so that. . .


My aunts and uncles will give me gifts on special occasions;

So that I can ask Santa Claus to make my wish come true;

So that my father and mother could hug me so tight every now and then;




I wish I would be a child again, so that. . .


I can eat ice cream every now and then;

I can eat chocolate until any of my tooth aches;

I can eat high cholesterol and high-calorie foods;



But I will not wish to be a child again when. . .


I need to visit the dentist because of a hurting tooth;

I need to take an early bath even in freezing cold before going to school;

I need to brush my teeth even though how sleepy I am already in the night;



And I will not wish to be a child again, when. . .


I need to learn how to read the alphabet;

I need to learn how to count 1, 2, 3;

I need to learn how to write my name, the alphabet, the numbers, adinfinitum!


And maybe, I will not wish to be a child again just so I can. . .

Learn how to live in this world of chaos and difficulty. Life has already given me so much of it.

Photos from flckr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment