Sunday, July 12, 2009

Nature's Fury

July 9, 2009 at about past 8 in the evening, it only started with a heavy downpour, the kind of rains farmers are waiting for so long to come in order for them to finish the planting season for the year. Several minutes past and the weather were becoming worst. Then suddenly a very strong thunder and lightning struck simultaneously causing too much panic with everyone on the neighborhood. It sounded and looked as if there were fireworks everywhere and that triggered me to panic because I heard something was struck by the lightning inside my room. And there it was, my net connection suddenly stopped. I even smelled that some electrical wiring was burning inside my room. I lifted my laptop and there on its bottom, it smelled of burned parts. To confirm my belief, I went to a computer repair shop this morning. The technician found out that my laptop’s LAN card has been damaged by the lightning.

Several stories were related in the office the following day after that frightening struck of nature’s fury. According to one, clothes hanged outside the homes of some neighborhood were burnt

No comments:

Post a Comment