Wednesday, March 31, 2010

T'was written in the stars......


My fate is written in the stars. Like a rainbow, it comes in different hues. We did not plan what we might become but it is God's omniscient knowledge that did plan it all. At times we may question Him, but who are we to question His omnipotence?

Your fate is not my fate. You may be lucky while I am unfortunate. Or it may be the other way around. Whatever it is, we cannot question God. 

Some say it is us who make our future. Others say it is etched in our palms. Still others believe that it has something to do with our astrological or birth signs. What one believes is what one is guided with.

Undoubtedly, everyone wants a Utopian life, a bed of roses. But even a rose has thorns. The thorns are the spices in life. For every accidental prick, it may make us better or make us worse

Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. These are the colors that make the rainbow beautiful. These also represent the colors in our life. Our basic instinct is to want a happy life, in bright yellow. We desire sunshine and total bliss, free from worries and wants.

Violet remains a sad color, we often wish not to have it. But through the years, the meaning of this color has metamorphosed. This color now represents women empowerment. But I am happy at the wonderful transformation of the new world that was male-dominated for a long time. Women are now equal to men in the workplace and in every sphere.

If I could only choose the right star that would reflect the color of the fate I want, I want a green and blue life. I want it green for green is life. It signifies growth, renewal, health and environment. For every violet interlude in my life, I want green to overcome it.

Vanity and all profaneness threaten my existence. I never wished a life of unhappiness and failures. For every moment that I am down, I want some blue in my life. I love its calming effect and soft attributes. It gives me peace of mind after a trying moment that tested my patience and kindness.

After all, we only crave for the good things in life. But there's no perfect life. And there's no perfect color in life. Combine some colors and what comes out is a beautiful rainbow. For life to be perfect, happy and well-lived, it must be rainbow-colored.

Like all others, I wish a beautiful rainbow in my life. And what’s in a rainbow? It makes us a hopeless romantic, a lover, a dreamer. Because we believe that our wish may come true when we see a rainbow in the sky. There’s also a promise that at the end of the rainbow is a pot of gold. And my life's a rainbow, in beautiful, colorful hues. God is the wonderful artist and for every stroke of His brush is a unique creation. 



Written for Amias' Acrostic Only
Photo Courtesy

12 comments:

  1. Awesome post. Oooh you changed your layout. I like it. It's bright and happy. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is like a rainbow Amity !!!
    You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear ....

    Positive thoughts are not enough;) There have to be positive feelings and positive actions .....
    I will send you P_O_W_E_R to go on
    LOL

    Hugs from Kareltje =^.^=
    Anya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww.. this is so well done. Exactly the thing i needed to read today :-). Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice thoughts...motivated me a lot. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful weekend Amity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gavin;

    I love blue so it's blue, but i don't want to be blue!

    Thanks u like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya;

    What you said is very true!

    Thanks dear!

    Hugs...^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Raaji;

    Is it so? I am glad!

    Thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Riya;

    Thanks a ton! Glad u liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey.. hows yu..me back!!! yur post is as refreshing as yur template!! luv it!!

    ReplyDelete